Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yesterday was our last day in Agra where we spent quite a bit of time oogling over the greatness that is the Taj Mahal. As we walked into the entrance gates we passed many hagglers all trying to get you to buy their "one of kind, special deal only for you" gifts. It was wall to wall people in line all to the see the amazing Taj. I have to say I was more in love with the Agra Fort which we had visited the day before. That was where Shaa Jahan was later imprisoned by his son because he was spending a little too much money, but if you have to imprisoned, this was the way to go! Anyways, we walked all around the whole Taj where we had removed our shoes and our class soon realized that if we stopped for too long you would have a line full of people all wanting a picture with you! All of us will soon be in everyone's photo album.
Last night we caught a night train to Varanasi. The train had fold down beds and I probably slept the best I have since I've been here. Today we're kind of just exploring the Assi Ghat (the little town we're in) and so far it seems much more peaceful. Tomorrow is a full day of amazing sounding events that I cannot wait to experience but I'll have to get back to you on all of that.

Megan

No comments: