Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Been here a few days...Here is what I think...

Alright so Tony was so right...it was crazy just getting here...the flight, customs and the heat were really exhausting and once we got to the hotel I really didn't know what to think. Now that I have had about a week here and have gotten in the swing of things I have realized some things...
1. All hotels in India (except the expensive ones) are kinda sketchy
2. The water here drys out your hair, and smells horrible
3. If you ever wanted to know what HELL would feel like...take a trip here!
4. The culture here is amazing, the people are beautiful, and not wearing shoes and touching what is "Holy" ground sends a tingle through my spine.
5. My roommate Liz and pretty much everyone on the trip is a riot! (the Melon song, Crazy 8's, and the Tea Bandit)
6. The Taj Mahal, the Ba'hai temple, and Agra Fort are so breath taking I could have cried.
7. People here apparently never see Americans so they always want to take pictures with you like you are a celebrity!
8. Dr. Maher isn't an expert on everything so stop asking him all those stupid questions!
9. No one knows what to eat so just pick something and hope you don't puke later
This experience is awesome so far, I can't believe I am here. I am having a great time and everyday I wake up I can't wait to see what is next!

No comments: