Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Waterfall

After being sick on Sunday, it is nice to be back in the group and enjoying Rishikesh with everyone. It kind of sucks being the sick ones in the group because you don't want to miss anything. Luckily (or unluckily) it was a day of travel, and even though I was dreading the train ride, I was thankful that I wasn't going to miss anything. The train ride turned out to be just what I needed to sleep off the bad feeling. Rishikesh is a nice break from the hot city streets of Delhi and Varanasi. Although I loved all of the different ghats and temples, it is nice to be somewhere where the temperature is more and the streets (slightly) less crowded. It is amazing to look up and see the beginnings of the Himalayan Mountains and look down and see the Ganges River. It is funny to see that Sharee said she had no plans of getting in the water at the waterfall, and neither did I because I am down to my last few items of clothing. But once we got up there it was too irresistable. The water was so cool and cleansing and it was nice to just sit there and cool off and be by ourselves for a little while. I love the water, so that has to be one of my favorite experiences on the trip so far.

No comments: